At CLEANOLOGY HOUSEKEEPING PERSONNEL SERVICE, we know that in between visits you still want to keep a tidy home. These free house cleaning tips from our registered housekeepers will keep your home fresh and serene until they return on your next scheduled cleaning service.
- Ants, everywhere … well, they are said to never cross a chalk line. So get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or wherever ants tend to march. See for yourself.
- Don’t throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces. Leftover wine? What’s that?!
Crayon marks on walls? This worked wonderfully! Attack the marks with a damp rag dipped in baking soda. Comes off with little effort (elbow grease that is!).
- Permanent marker on appliances/counter tops? Try rubbing alcohol on a paper towel.
Take a pair of scissors and cut your steel wool pad into halves. Now a box of pads lasts indefinitely! In fact, you’ll have noticed that the scissors get sharpened this way!
- Blood stains on clothes? Not to worry! Just pour a little hydrogen peroxide on a cloth and proceed to wipe off every drop of blood. Works every time! Now, where to put the body? (Sorry, we cannot help with this part!)
Spray a bit of perfume on a light bulb in any room to create a lovely light scent in each room when the light is turned on.
- Place fabric softener sheets in dresser drawers and your clothes will smell freshly washed for weeks to come. You can also do this with towels and linens.
Candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for at least 3 hours prior to burning.
- To clean artificial flowers, pour salt into a paper bag and add the flowers. Shake vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt leaving your artificial flowers looking like new! Works like a charm!
To easily remove burnt-on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, and bring to a boil on stove top.
- Spray your TUPPERWARE with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato-based sauces and there won’t be any stains.
Use air-freshener to clean mirrors. It does a good job and better yet, leaves a lovely smell to the shine.
- Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka Seltzer tablets.
Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for about two minutes.
- Unclog a drain. Clear the sink drain by dropping three Alka Seltzer tablets down the drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar. Wait a few minutes, then run the hot water.
- To remove old wax from a glass candle holder, put it in the freezer for a few hours. Then take the candle holder out and turn it upside down. The wax will fall out.